Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 66 - The free food blog continues...

Huzbun made me some breakfast - eggs, sausage and hashbrowns.  A pretty straightforward breakfast, but what was great about is that he made all of it, and cleaned all of it. Huzbun helps in the kitchen quite a bit anyway, but this was extra nice. 


Then we went to my cousin's open house and they had this:

A really huge sandwich and vegetable buffet! YAY - for free food. 

Well actually we did get my cousin a gift (great job Z!), so maybe not free in the truest sense.  But I didn't count that gift toward the $5/day budget so.... pretty free. Also, my aunt gave me two bags of extra hamburger buns before we left, so sweet!

My aunt and uncle always do an amazing job with the "eats" and this was no exception. 

Housekeeping:

As of day 66 - we have reached $5.13/day so very close to the goal. (We will be on track on Day 68).  That included the $2.69 spent on Hawaiian buns for next Saturday's event.   

And.... j. has a challenge... which I want to participate in, but am not sure what to do with it yet.  I have until Friday to figure it out.  I was thinking Fajitas, but make the tortilla's from scratch... use rotel instead of salsa.  Doesn't seem creative enough to be challenge worthy though.  I think I have a tendency to psych myself out sometimes with challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails