Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 55 - Buy One Set of Pans, Get One free Meal

A couple years ago, I purchased a set of pans.  I use and abuse these pans all the time, but had forgotten that when I purchased them, that I got a free meal included with.  Well thankfully the people at Simplicity Gourmet (pan company) remember, and while they were a little delayed on getting around to it ( I guess I could have called them) - we did get our meal.  Can't complain though, because it's perfect timing with the $5/day plan.

So what did we eat?  Lasagna.  Have you ever heard of making Lasanga in a Pan? I have not. 

Here's what we used:

An Electric Skillet

You just pile everything in
Note: these are uncooked lasagna noodles, and not the "oven ready" variety - no worries about them tasting spongey

Then you pile some more in 
Note: cheese!!

Throw the cover on and let her go, then simmer for about 30 mins.  
Note: quick!

Voila!
Note: Delicious!

We also had broccoli 
Note: Something healthy and awesome

We also had garlic bread
Note: Something unhealthy, but awesome

I loved how easy this was, and I was completely unaware that Lasanga could be made in our skillet.  I am not entirely sure how much this would cost, but I would guess it could be made for less than $5 too.  

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of lasagne cooked this way. Did you have to add extra liquid so that the noodles cooked?

    Really neat. And yummy looking. I had spaghetti last night because that was the only thing that I could pull together out of my pantry/fridge/freezer remnants.

    I really need to make it to the grocery store soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks cool and tasty- did they do it at the shop, like a cooking lesson, or come to your house and cook for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @j - They actually came and cooked this for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails