Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 62 - Venti

I seemed to have forgotten what 20 ounces looks like. 

Apparently - Gargantuan!

Lately, Huzbun has had a lot of work going on and while on the plus side he has been getting a lot of free meals.  The down side is I am low on good reasons to make good food.  

For instance today I had microwave popcorn for dinner.

Okay so back to the Venti "Thai" drink. I ordered this for $3.95 at a little coffee shop called Blue Moon.  It sounded like the most interesting drink on the menu, however 20 ounces is way too much coffee after 7pm.  My original thought was that I was getting a better deal per ounce, but I think the logic in that failed at some point.  While the photo above is using camera angles to make it look larger, it was still seriously HUGE!  I'm sure buttery popcorn, followed by calorie laden coffee was not the exact recipe for the elixir of long life either.   
The reason I was at Blue Moon Cafe was because this is where the "Blue Moonies" group always meets for knitting night.  Normally, I have been dutifully bringing my tea, but I made excuses, since Huzbun has been getting lots of free meals, that I could have a "treat" for myself.  Overall, I am sort of annoyed though, because I enjoy cooking and I have some good ideas right now lying dormant, since cooking for one is .... well I don't like it. Obviously.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love going out to my knitting group. I don't make it too often, though, which is really sad.

    I should make it a goal to go more often.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails