Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 52 - Meeting Cat Cora

I was invited to a fun event at Macy's where I could meet Cat Cora.  I knew about Cat Cora from Iron Chef Amercia, and thought her works was really impressive.  I also learned more about what she is doing in Washington to help raise awareness for healthy eating with youth (very cool).  You can learn more about her organization Chefs for Humanity here, herself here, and follow her on twitter @CatCora.

Here are all of us bloggers - Cat Cora is in white. Can you guess which one is me?

oh look - who's that one on the left? 

Then Cat Cora made us some food... 

Steak Tacos, with a pineapple salsa. 

Grapefruit Ambrosia 

Both of these recipes are in her new book - Cat's Cora Classics with a Twist.  It was fun meeting all the bloggers, but especially hanging out with Cindy @ Healthy Heart Journey later today.  
 
Later today we had salmon burger's (these are great), and I made this salad.  

It was really colorful and fun - almost made me think I like salad.  Well... maybe I liked this salad. 

Ruby Leigh's Salad
Spinach Leaves
Eggs (Hard-Boiled)
Roma Tomato (chopped)
Yellow Pepper
Kalamata Olives
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing

Other more shameful blog updates:  $4.24 - for cup of soup, we are now 9/12 on night outs. 

3 comments:

  1. That salad looks wonderful. Especially in conjunction with salmon burgers.

    Do you make your own dressing? I've been looking for a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Cathy, this happened to be the last of Newman's Own, which isn't very frugal, but we happened to have it from a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah well. I bet it was good. I'll look online and see what I can find. I'll let you know if I find something good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails