Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 63 - And we're cooking again.

The Pioneer Woman just posted a great looking recipe, that I was excited to try.  Not just because it looked delicious, but because I had most of the ingredients for once.  Of course, I made a number of modifications, but it was less so than the usual.

Ok, but first things first - Would you eat this onion?  

Notice the big bloch of mold?

mmmmm..... tasty. 

Haha, but I did do some chopping on this.... and then it looked like this.  

After peeling and hacking on it... I came to a part that was crispy and bright white.

Here's the mixture cooking.

  ... and the final product.

Summary of Modifications:
-I used Kalamata Olives instead of Green... not exactly cheaper, but on hand... and great flavor. 
-Boneless Chicken instead of Bone-in Chicken (at request of Huzbun)
-More Olive Oil, and less butter. 
-Organic Soy Milk, instead of Heavy Cream, which is part of why the sauce turned out less thick looking. 
-Minced Garlic from jar instead of fresh. 
-I used canned tomatoes that were pre-chopped

Despite all the modifications, the taste was great. Huzbun liked it but though it was a little bland... but our cousin seemed to think it was fine.  I definitely would see myself repeating this meal, however I would like to work on thickening the sauce, without reducing the health value too much.  

4 comments:

  1. She does really like her butter and heavy cream, doesn't she.

    I love her writing, though.

    The chicken dish looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DELISH!

    I love making modificiations to recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely eat that onion. After cutting off the moldy parts, that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely would see myself repeating this meal, however I would like to work on thickening the sauce, without reducing the health value too much.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails