Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 57 - Tom Kha

Last night, my husband's company took us out to dinner.  We went to Amazing Thailand.  It feels a little like cheating, but since we technically didn't pay for it, it falls under the "free" clause, and is therefore not cheating.  

Eating thai food always makes me a tad reminiscent of my college trip to Germany.  I know, kind of an odd mind jump.  You see, there was this very above average Thai restaurant only a few block from where we going to school and some of the students were living.  It also was one of the few places where you could get a whole meal for less than 5 Euros.  We always got the pad thai, and there was also something with peanuts that I really enjoyed.  They also had Mango Juice, which was also a favorite. 


Anyway, we had a thai food that I have not had before.  It was called Tom Kha, our dining companions were rather familiar with it and ordered two kinds.  A chicken and a shrimp version.  It's safe to say that out of all the dishes we ordered this was the favorite (of everyone's).  Zingy, Creamy and perfect over rice.  I didn't care for the mushroom aspect, but they were easy to pick out. Sorry people who like mushrooms, I just can't do it - the texture is all wrong for me.  From browsing on the internet, I think it would be a fun dish to experiment with in the future.  I am wondering how a shrimp, cabbage and cucumber version would work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails