Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 49 - Steak Soup or Stew I suppose.

Today I used the steak bits that I had in the freezer to make an uber easy, and uber tasty Steak Soup.

I thawed the meat and then cooked it in the crockpot, I had to make it before I left for work at 7:30 am (I think I'm still adjusting to this early schedule I have.) Anyway, it was quick recipe.

Steak Soup
Steak meat - cut in to 1" squares
Sprinkled with Onion Salt, Cumin and Paprika
A few splashes of Worchestire sauce
1 can tomatoes sauce
1 can diced tomatoes.
Some cabbage

Cook on low all day (8-10 hours) for best results.  Could also be cooked on high for approx 4 - 6 hours.

Voila!

This will make for leftovers tomorrow too, as Huzbun had yet another "Company Meal" and couldn't enjoy it today.  It's crunch time with his business.  Very exciting stuff.

Also, I swung buy Costco today - by mistake perhaps, but limited myself to only the "neccessary stuff"

Here's the damage:
Spinach Leaves - 3.99
6 Peppers - 6.79
Cereal -  7.99
Tomatoes - 3.99
Total - $22.79

Not too bad, and a good amount of fresh foods.

4 comments:

  1. The soup looked juicy and good. Just some additional ingredients that are reasonable and healthy, to throw in are carrots, celery, or cut up potatoes, and then it is even more stew like. These items are good to have on hand for other snacking or meals too. You could also add diced peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mom - helps to have those things around though. We did add cabbage, which is pictured, but I forgot to mention. I just updated that though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very well balanced Costco trip. I'm impressed. Sadly, my Costco trips always have a couple of books, maybe a DVD....

    I've got to head out there tonight. Wish me luck!

    The soup looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Cathy I don't talk about my non-food purchases on here... so keep that in mind. I think I might of done okay this trip, but I had some pretty non-minimalist trips to savers and garage sales lately too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails