Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 42 - Deviled Eggs

Yesterday, I was not very hungry at all for dinner.  So alreadying having had a "cheesarito" for lunch, and not wanting to repeat I decided to make something interesting - Deviled Eggs. 

If you don't know how to make deviled eggs -the following is one of the best videos for learning how to make deviled eggs.



I must say that I have made deviled eggs for quite some time, and many of the "tricks" in the video were not new to me. However, I usually don't use a food processor. This time I made mine with a Magic Bullet, and must admit the texture was smoother. Also, I would totally recommend any of the "You are doing it all wrong" videos at chow.com. This is how I have learned a ton about "good" cooking. Unfortunately "good" cooking doesn't always mean healthy.

.  

Freshly peeled eggs

Complete! - well almost, I added a little paprika on top later.

The green speckles come from adding relish to my batch of eggs, and while I was not super-thrilled with the results, Huzbun like it a lot.

I had a few of these for dinner, and I'm having a few more now as a part of lunch.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice video. And great light dinner option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering.

    How do you boil your eggs? I try boiling them here in Denver, but end up losing nearly half of the egg white because it sticks to the shell. I wonder if it is a high altitude thing...

    I've tried boiling them longer, shorter, using old eggs and new eggs, cracking them as they cool, soaking them in ice water, etc. Nothing really seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cathy - Sounds like you have tried this already, but as soon as I am done boiling them for approx 8 minutes (though I don't use a timer) I throw them into ice water. I have about 95% success with this. It may be an altitude thing though - as I do live in the swamplands of Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I will try organic eggs or something like that. I really liked boiled eggs in salads and other things...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails