Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 23 - BBQ

A couple of our friends hosted a big BBQ at their house last night.  We were asked to bring a dish, so I brought my favorite dish to split - Chinese Cabbage Salad.  It's rather easy to make and in my opinion rather tasty.

First off more spending

4 Packages Ramen - $0.80
1 head Green Cabbage - $1.40
1 head Red Cabbage $1.60
3 bottles Coffee-Mate Creamer - $2.97 (99cent each)
-terribly unnecessary I know, but too good of a deal to pass up. 
Arnold Potato Bread - $1.98 (on sale)
Arnold Fiber Bread - $1.98 (on sale)

Total - $10.73

Okay onto the salad

 I started with this.

Shredded and Shredded - I used a mandolin for this task.  I have the cheapest mandolin known to man, and it works great for this task - although I can't say the same for all others. Break up the ramen and mix that in too.   


Don't you just love color of "real" red cabbage... as opposed to out of a bag cabbage. 

Mixed up some sauce - Oil, Vinegar, Sugar and the Ramen Spice Pack are the key ingredients.  I added pepper and oregano too.  


Mix in and taste.

We brought it too the BBQ and got many positive comments.  Here's the rest of the Spread

and my plate:
I ate the Pineapples too, but those went directly from the serving bowl to my mouth... as well as a few tomatoes.  lol

There was also desserts that didn't get pictured and of course - coffee! was available, but 
I won't be disclosing how much coffee I had yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails