Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 22 - Chicken Chili

I found this recipe on TheSimpleDollar blog, and I found it very tasty and interesting.  I cooked it up a bit ago and just reheated it today for dinner.

  I threw some olives in it along with some other spices to enhance the flavor and it worked really well. 

The last of the of the spring rolls were polished off today and hubby is happy to have his lunch meat again for sandwiches.

One aspect that many people don't consider is that although eating cheap takes some level of discipline, often times it does not take us extra time.  There is no traveling to the resturant, waiting for the waiter to take the order, waiting for the food to arrive, waiting for the check, and driving back home.  All of those elements are time consuming, so we are saving both money and time... and both items are hard to come by.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that chicken chili looks good. I must try it. Thanks for the link.

    How do you think it would be without the half/half and/or milk? I'm a little strange about cream/milk based soup.

    Maybe you could try it with some of your soybeans!?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails