Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 31 - Free and Fun

As you can probably tell I had a great/busy weekend, as I have not posted in a few days.  I'm not saying that blogging isn't something I enjoy, but a few other things have taken priority.  Such as doing my job and celebrating my only sister's graduation.  Saturday was loads of fun and involved a lot of free food, which we compensated for by spending money on more food.

We had to leave early in the morning, which is an unimpressive time of day for both me and my husband (especially on weekends).  I had received some coupons for subway, and I mentioned before I really like their breakfast melts.  I got another free breakfast melt (with coupon), and Huzbun got $0.50 off his 6" flat bread melt.  Total it was about: $2.67 (sorry to guess here, but I lost the receipt)

Ok, onto the free food picture rama:

 Reception Goodies

... and then we went to the dining room
Salad Selections

Main Dishes
Breads

And then for dinner... my sister and her soon-to-be husband made us steak!
We tried to give them some money... but couldn't.  They also made us homemade lemonade and mohitos!

Later that day we were driving around town and picked up some free jamocha shakes at Arby's.  I guess my sister and her soon-to-be husband won some sort of sweepstakes.  We also stopped by the local grocery store and picked up candy (sour patch kids = $1.97) . 

Well lots of free food, but also more spending so this day we basically break even.   
      

1 comment:

  1. Well, it looks like you had a great weekend. Good times with family and yummy eats.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails