Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 18 - COFFEEEEEEE!

I drink a lot of COFFFEEEE!  I am saying coffeeeee! instead of coffee, because that is how one feels when they drink Coffeeeee! Today I have had 3 mugs of the stuff (considering a fourth).  In the family of my origin, coffee consumption is practically a right of passage.  Even still, I was a late bloomer.  I didn't get into the hard stuff until the summer before senior year of college (when I had to wake up consistently at 7AM), before that I only dabbled in softer stuff like Chai Tea Lattes and Berry White Mochas.  Sooner or Later I ran into more and more situations that required getting up early and a lack of cash-flow to fund such aforementioned $4.00 (sometimes more!) drinks.  This drove me to the place where coffee and I became daily companions.   

I have been adding "Dulche de Leche" (which I made myself! and you can too) to my coffee instead of sugar to my coffee.  It tastes pretty good, but I'm doing it because we are out of sugar.  I have to say this is not entirely my fault - one of the roommates - who shall remain nameless - consumes copious amounts of sugar.  At any rate, I figure it might be my turn to buy. 

Sugar is not the only thing that has been added to the Costco Shopping list for the ever being postponed Costco shopping trip.  There are two reasons that I am reluctant to go to Costco.  One) This Month's "costco coupon book"  has not arrived yet... and that is always something worth waiting for.  Two) Costco has never been a cheap trip.  And when you impulse buy at Costco - it's like impulse buying times 20.

Sometime this week I will most likely manage to make it there, and at this point we will have sugar, perhaps lunch meat (hubby has been moaning), not to mention laundry detergent and dish soap... and if I can help it not too much more. 

Food Today
3 Chicken Burritos
3 Mugs of Coffee (perhaps 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails