Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day 76 - A healthy meal

Huzbun is trying to loose some weight... so I found this recipe, which I thought would satisfy my tastes, and his current health goals.  We "generally" try to eat healthy anyway, but I know he loves it when I make a nice meal with lean meat and vegetables (although other times he loves fat and greasy tasty food too).  He also likes simple food, and doesn't always love my "shenanigans" in the kitchen.  I figure I do at least 80% of the cooking, so he can shut up I can try to be helpful.  But this is to say that sans rosemary (we have none) - I followed this recipe to the letter... okay so I "eyeballed" the ingredients, but yeah - really close for me.  Here's some process photos:  
Soaking the Kabob skewers, so they are less likely to burn to a crisp on the grill.  For obvious reasons, you can skip this step if you have metal skewers.

Here the chicken bits soaking in the marinade

 The final product... oh yes - I added the remaining (and questionable looking) peppers to the skewers as well. 

The chicken turned out uber excellent.  Super moist on the inside and flavorful. 

My Huzbun also grilled romaine and asparagus.  This was "over-spiced" and over-grilled (and he thinks I'm trouble in the kitchen)... I still ate them though.  Iz good wife.

7 comments:

  1. oooh, 'spar'gus, droooollllll

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never overspice stuff! (I kid, I kid). Especially not asparagus and romaine, in my opinion...
    That dinner looks very very yummy.

    Is the challenge/$ restrictions helping with his (or both of your) weight? I'm curious. I would have thought that he should have noticed enough of a change to not have to get a weight-losing mindset. But good luck to both! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ TJ - thanks, believe it or not the last two were on my iPhone. New iPhone software is somethin' else. (I "just have" the iPhone 3G in case you are wondering) Huzbun has the iPhone 4 and that's even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a yummy recipe. Did you think it needed the sugar? I think I would have been tempted to leave it out (especially with the addition of ranch dressing...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cathy - on the recipe the sugar was optional. However, I really like the vinegar/sugar combination, so I went with it - obviously, this makes the meal less healthy. But less than a tablespoon, which was then partially baked off - split between two people - doesn't seem too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is to say that sans rosemary (we have none) - I followed this recipe to the letter... okay so I "eyeballed" the ingredients, but yeah - really close for me. Here's some process photos: online health blog advise

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails