Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 86 - Delicious-ness

My girlfriend from out of town invited us over to her parents house... for a pool party and delious-ness.  Her dad has one of those wonderful outdoor deep-fryer machine... Oh such a joy!  We had deep-fried wings, but the most wonderful part was deep fried fries.

First they sliced potatoes...


Isn't that the coolest kitchen gadgetry thing you've ever thought you needed?

Then they throw them into a vat of oil (a large vat.... and I'm guessing this wasn't olive oil either -not that it even matters at this point).  Also, I was informed here that the temperature matters.  You want to have an oil temp of at least 375 degrees F.

Then you let them sizzle away.


Here they are looking.... gorgeous!


Of course (for added health value), you then sprinkle them with salt... (nom), then you dip them in ketchup (nom)....



So not only did I eat a number of fries, a bunch of chicken wings...

I had some of this

and of course some kahlua brownies...

oh, and an interesting watermelon drink
My friend Jacalyn has the best facial expressions!

At some point in the middle of all this, someone, who will remain nameless... but she has red-hair and her name begins with a B and ends in an -ecca, asked me if I would wanted to run a 5K the next day... 


..... tune in to find out!

3 comments:

  1. large... vat.. of... oil...

    WANT!

    I *knew* there had to be something else to do with those things than deep fry turkeys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks very yummy! I want that deep fryer though.

    Good luck if you are running on that next 5k run! You can do it! (I am sure those *healthy* potatoes will help you keep carbs in for the run.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I miss french fries. And is that carrot cake?

    Pardon me. I have to go find a towel to wipe the drool off of my monitor.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails