Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 77 - Not bad

There's a funny little play that goes on around here called "How to talk Minnesotan."  It is pretty cheesy, but some of it is pretty on point if you have lived around here for a while.  In one segment of the play, they describe how Minnesotans never want to say anything too strongly.  We say "not good" and "not bad"... something that is "not bad" is better than something that is "not good".

Ok so.... 


A local place called Shout House hold's an 80's night every Wednesday.  And if you dress like you walked off the set of Pretty in Pink you get in without paying a cover.  I'm not sure what the "rules" are for dressing 80's, but judging from what I saw at Shout House, it seemed like the wackier the better.  So free cover, plus I had a coupon for food.    Total spent:  $8.25.  Not Bad.

Ordinary - I would say this is pretty awesome... but it's pretty tough to take on this expense when you are doing $5/day.  Not Good.

So ..... who wants to see my 80's outfit?  Your going to have to beg!

UPDATE: There were some beggers, so...

Unfortunately (or fortunately) this photo doesn't let you see the whole thing.  I can't say it was the best rendition of 80's I've ever done.  However, I think the hair and make-up were totally on target.  I have great hair for doing 80's stuff... because it loves to "go wild!".

4 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty in pink please may we see your 80's outfit? I'm a sucker for costume events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok guys - you are awesome! I'll update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the 80's. Time of very.tall.hair.

    And legwarmers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails