Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 79 - Running Running

Running, running
As fast as we can
Do you think we'll make it?
(Do you think we'll make it?)
We're running
Keep holding my hand
It's so we don't get separated
No Doubt
 
 Friday morning Huzbun told me we couldn't get ready for the cabin, until I came to the gym with him.  (Whoo hoo- go him!).  I mentioned already, that he has agreed to do my next 5K with me. So has my mom - so it's been fun to see both of them get into gear! Not to mention keep me on my toes.  

Anyway, post workout - we was HUNGRY! So Huzbun suggest we eat the vegan burgers we had the freezer --- say WHAT?  A very surprising move for a Meatatarian.We also had blueberries and cottage cheese.  Notice - the continued healthy eating theme! 
 
 Here is the burger packaging - these were left by BBQ goers.  (Hey thanks guys!)
Here's mine - slathered in ketchup. 

The one thing I thought was interesting about these is how "meaty" they tasted.  Obviously - it was distinguishable from beef - but not as "fluffy" as I expected it to taste. 

So - a lot of people left food at our house when we had the BBQ - I figure them leaving it meant they didn't want it (and there's no point in letting it go to waste).  However, should one make the effort to return "forgotten" food? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. If they left it, consider it yours. At least that is my opinion.

    And yes, Gardenburgers ROCK!!

    I like the boca "meat" crumbles and their chili, but from a burger standpoint, Gardenburgers are great. I hope you get to try the fire roasted vegetable one at some point.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails