Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 83 - A semi-fail food experiment

Remember - my fancy shmance pan? I have made this and this with it. 

It generally works wonder.  I throw everything in - and let her go. 

This time I tried it with rice noodles - no go.  Some noodles were crispy fried, others were mush.  The chicken and green beans cooked really well with it though - and there were enough noodles that cooked okay such that the meal was not ruined.  In the future I might just choose to prepare this the "old fashioned" way.  I also think adding additional water, not opening it as many times, and putting the noodles in first could help too.  Huzbun says that rice noodles take a little longer to cook too, so maybe this plays a roll as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails