Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kirkland Gallery Blogger Event

A group of Minnesota bloggers was welcomed to a event at the recently opened Kirkland Gallery in downtown Minneapolis, MN.  Liz @ The Kitchen Pantry Scientist did a wonderful job of coordinating food.  We had sushi and spring rolls from Wholefoods as well as wine from Byerly's.  It's worthwhile to note that the Sashimi used in the sushi came from sustainable sources.  Liz talks more about that here on her blog.  I thought the spring rolls were divine, and loved the added touch of mixing in raspberries, which I have yet to see elsewhere - but will have to try myself.  

Not being an astute art critic these days, I was happy to be given a tour (along with everyone else) by James, the gallery owner.


The artist were really diverse and made use of various mediums and styles.

These horses really grabbed your attention... it was neat how they were made too.  A mixture of concrete and steal bits.  They are capable of withstanding the elements when placed outside. 




This piece was made to resemble a Rubik's Cube, which is perfect for the nerdy side of me.  And by side - I mean a large portion of me.   

Lenore @ Mom Culture, also put together a kids art "side show."  What a cute idea!

Overall, this was a super delicious, and fun event.  I feel pretty lucky to have met so many neat people via blogging, and this time was certainly included. Some really good conversations with fellow bloggers and the gallery owner too.   

An Extra Treat

At the end of the event there was plenty of leftover sushi, and no one was claiming it.  

So I took some over to where my Huzbun was hanging out with his friends, and boy was it appreciated.  I might of had a few more too.

1 comment:

  1. Ruby~It was to great to meet you the other night!! Was a great event!~Chris Ann

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails