Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 80 - Big Day of Meals

I more or less followed through with everything that I said I was going to do in terms of meal plans.

Breakfast Burritos went really well. We cooked the eggs seperatley from the rest of the mix this time, which was good for two reasons.  1) I think it gave them a fluffier texture (not so watered down runny-like) and 2)They did not get discolored by the black beans.  I went with dry black beans(which  were cooked) instead of the canned, but purchased the tortillas - homemade tortillas taste great and are super cheap - but are pretty time consuming to make.  The parents said they like them.

Lunch was Cauliflower or "Mac" and Cheese.  I used this recipe, but substituted the noodles with Cauliflower.  This h was pretty wonderful, but it made 5000 times the amount of cheese necessary for TWO POUNDS of Cauliflower.  In future I would try the same recipe halved.  Also there are a couple other good "mac" and "cheese" like recipes that are floating around the blogosphere so low carb friendly and vegan friendly.  We also had the burgers we love - (with the last package of ground beef - tear). 

Dinner was Steaks, a Salad, leftover Mac (made with broccoli this time too- like I said lots of ooey gooey cheese sauce)  Dessert was Grapefruit Ambrosia (with slight alterations of my own) from Cat Cora's Classics with a Twist.  The most difficult part of this and newest part to me was de-membraning the grapefruit - everything else went as smooth as the whipped cream on top - though it did take a while.



My family made short work of the Ambrosia - so that seemed to me like a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails