Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 88 - Quiet Sunday

Sunday turned out very relaxing after an otherwise crazy weekend.   I did make a version of Lasanga though


 Notice the use of non-Lasagna noodles.  These are Rigatoni, and yes they have a wikipedia page!

And the finished product ... after we took a few bites.


And here is what it looks like in our dish!  Huzbun and I love to eat food from bowls when we can.  I'm not sure what is so fun about it, but there's a charm to it.

I'm starting something where I look at what I have in the freezer then think of what I can make with the least amount of purchases.  Well I like to do this anyway, but the challenge has brought it to a new level.  So, at any rate, I'm calling this:

Empty the Freezer Lasagna
-1 lb Ground Turkey (browned) - seasoned with basil. 
-1 box Rotini
-1 cup chopped Spinach (frozen)
-1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
-Cottage Cheese
-Shredded Mozzarella

Just layer everything in - the order is not very particular here, but it is best if the noodles are well incubated in sauce otherwise they will remain crunchy.  Also, I prefer the mozzarella on top, but that is strictly preference.  Then cook everything at 350 degrees F in a water-tight pan, when they have reached temperature, drop the heat let them simmer for about 30 mins.  Simple.

UPDATE:  In case you are interested the Lasagna is Cole's... Huzbun's verdict = not as good as homemade. 

2 comments:

  1. FYI I like eating from a plate not a bowl. I like eating cereal from a bowl...and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way about bowls. I only use plates if I have to, and I'm never to thrilled about it. Bowls are just better, though I couldn't tell you why.

    This results in me frequently running out of clean bowls and making a mad dash to do some dishes so I won't be forced to use a plate.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails