Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 81 - Fireworks and the Fourth!

We had a really great day at the cabin - celebrating the fourth.  We were able to use a lot of left overs from Day 80, plus my mom had a lot of food around too of course.  Thanks Mom!

My parents have a great space at their cabin (also known as a lake) to launch fireworks - so we bought a bunch of them and launched them off the end of the dock.  Or I should say Huzbun and my Dad did a great job of launching our "homespun" firework show.  They were really into it.  It was good to see some quality male bonding going on.  I am pretty convinced that "fireworks" and quite possibly "fire" is like a universal male love.  

I have already been shamed by Huzbun for neglecting to capture the event on video - so regretfully you will all just have to imagine.  Imagine lying back on a lawn chair, with your feet up - and being so close to the fireworks that they seem to fill the sky.  Then imagine bits of ash falling on your face (that's how close I was).   I love home grown fireworks shows.  They may not be as "classy" as the down town version - but being that close to the action really makes up for whatever time delay I experienced.  

After spending the day loafing about, eating cheddar brats and watermelon, launching fireworks, batting off mosquitos, and reading a good book - I decided I have a pretty darn good life... and if that has something to do with living in America - well then I'm certainly grateful for it.

2 comments:

  1. I liked your last paragraph, haha. Glad you had such a good time. :)

    I do agree, between fire and cars, I don't think there's any better male-bonding time... besides the superbowl/world cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzbun's not a sports man - but he does love the cars too... It's terrible to categorize a gender - but sometimes it's easy to do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails