Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 9 - The husband is cheating!

Okay - hold your horses, it's not what you think, but he might of picked up this!
lol - I couldn't resist using that as my title... and according to him - beer doesn't count!

Anyway, today we made hamburgers.  mmm! We started with some ground beef.  I picked this up at Costco a while ago.  It's all natural, grass fed meat, which I am trying to do more of, but it probably cost me at least $3.00. 
We also used some on-hand seasonings, and two eggs. 
This is what it looks like right before we mixed it up.

with our fingers...
looking good! 
Now add some bread crumbs 

and mix some more so it looks like this:

Press them into burger shapes (I used a "burger press", but that's not neccesary)

Grill them up! notice we also are grillin' our beans.  

When you are done with cooking them on the grill - you can melt on some cheese.  
(I might of had a rolling rock too)

YUM!

So I added in the $3.00 for the meat in this meal - although it was quite possibly more, to be a bit more "realistic" about costs of freezer food.  So now average spent per day is $7.50 - though we could easily eat without spending any more for a while... so I think that should go down. 

I should add here that despite his "shenanigans" with the beer... DH has been super supportive of this whole process.  I don't talk about what he eats on here as much.. but a lot of breakfast cereal and sandwiches - a man of simple tastes my friends.  He even made me dinner tonight (I was just the photographer) - and I think earlier I might of even seen him operating a vacuum... although maybe that was all just a dream... ;-)  

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great what you are trying to do. And those burgers sure look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if you're gonna cheat, beer is *much* better than chips. And it lasts longer than a bottle of wine.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails