Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 3 - Leftovers and Events

I started out the day with my traditional coffee - homemade, with organic soymilk and about a teaspoon of sugar, and then I zoomed off to meet Jen, A Prior Fat Girl at the Challenge Obesity 5K.  I also met Mary @ Fit This! Girl, and Cyndy @ Healthy Heart Journey and others too.  I volunteered to take photos of the event and have to say I am most proud of the way some of them turned out (you can be the judge).

2010-04-17 Prior Fat Girl Run

So while I was here I told some of the people about our challenge (ie.eating for $5/day or less)... and then while we we're waiting for the runners to come around... Jen's dad bought me a coffee (Thank you so much by the way!).  However, this was a bit of an unintentional consequence of sharing that information.  I don't intend swindle people into purchasing food for me.

When I cam home I had leftovers from last night.



  Before I doctored it












After I doctored it ! (added spinach and a tomato)









And my husband had a sandwich:

 

Then I headed to meet some people at this cutish coffee place called "Java Train."  They had a huge menu of selections, including Izzy's ice cream.  I ended up choosing Pomegranate Oolong tea for $1.88, which is pretty expensive (considering my budget). 


Then on the way back I passed Kim's Oriental Market, where I intended to just pick up some rice paper, but they have a $10 minimum when you use a credit card.  So....
I got wasabe, rice vinegar (we are almost out) and the rice paper as well for $10.08, but I was subsequently tempted by all these:
Luckily, I escaped out of the store...

I came home my husband and I ate leftovers from the fridge again for a snack, and we also ate these delicious asian rice salads, that the hubby worked up:

Delicious... and was probably the first thing with a reasonable amount of vegetables in it.  

Phew... I feel like we are eating a lot!

Anyhow, I notice one thing after I made up this blog - many of the of expensive items I decided to forgo (pictured and unpictured) at the store many of them were unhealthy... My observation is this:  If you have to make critical decisions about what you can afford to eat... things like sweets and extras quickly become undesirable options as compared to the much needed "real" food

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails