Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 10 - Visting the farmer's market

Today my husband made me breakfast for me and one guest...
French toast and scrambled eggs

Then I went to the farmer's market and picked up this grub...

I love having tomatoes around, and the bar is a "Driving Force" Energy Bar made by a local. It was $5.00 for the tomatoes (expensive in MN), and $2.50 for the bar.  (total : $7.50)

Though these aren't great bargains, I certainly think that I managed to curb some spending.  There are so many wonderful foods at the farmer's market that it's really hard to do.  They had this liquid chocolate... and tasty cheese... luckily my friend picked up the cheese
... and was kind enough to share.  

This cheese was aged in a cave... the lady selling it told us all about it. Has anyone had cave aged cheese before.. it is to die for.

Tonight I basically followed Pioneer Woman's recipe for chicken fingers.  It was really easy to make.  I didn't have any buttermilk so I used our organic soymilk, and I added black pepper as well as (quite a bit of) seasoning salt.  They turned out pretty well.

   
 ... and they were delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails