Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 13 - more fast food, but otherwise a good day.

So somehow in my not that busy life (I only work part time right now). (However, in fairness to myself I had two back to back commitments.) I found myself without time for a decent lunch, so I told myself that I of course had no other option but to get Taco Bell for lunch. In case you are wondering I got the $0.89 (or $0.96 with tax) Beefy 5-layer burrito.  In case you have never had this before, I recommend avoiding it.  My husband introduced it to me a while back, and there has been no turning - this thing is soooo additively good.  Ugh -Good, but bad and cheap food, I don't know if I will ever move on from you.

For Dinner, we grilled up some of the chicken we bought

 And then I made mine into a sandwich

 You might notice that I take a lot of photos of partially eaten food - that's because I usually don't remember to take the photo until after I took a few bites (om nom nom nom).  I guess you know I'm actually eating this food though. 

Anyway my in-laws came back from the Philippines today and brought back these munchies.  So far we just tried the shortbread cookies - which were pretty good.  I'll update as we try the peanut brittle.  We received some strawberry preserves too but they are not pictured.  
 Interesting treats

One more thing - We pass a Dairy Queen on our way home from the in-laws and both of us were like "Ice Cream sounds good!".  It also is not very budget friendly, but I remembered I had a $1.00 off coupon so we split a medium mint oreo blizzard, which came to $2.97.  In a way this is a win too, because normally we both would have gotten our own, so this saved us money and calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails