Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 15 - Vodka Cream Sauce sort of

First off I was browsing the food blogs and found this recipe on the Pioneer Woman blog.  I really love her recipes and while they are not always "cheap" they are usually affordable or made with easy to find ingredients.  I decided to try this recipe, but ended up make a number of adjustments (per usual).

Summary of Adjustments:
-didn't use any sugar.
-used sea salt instead of "regular" salt
-whole milk instead of half-n-half (used roommates (with permision) whole milk - instead of our organic soymilk)
-different seasonings (we used basil, oregano, italian seasoning and garlic)
-we also added chicken - which we grilled on the "George Forman" first.
-and we started with whole canned tomatoes which we then diced instead of "pre-diced"
-we didn't use blue cheese
-oh and we added some vodka...

and...

It turned out.

It was more than fine... the roommate says it was "superfine"

DH and I love creating thing in the kitchen together... I think that is the funnest part of this experiment. 

Update: I rode the new bike today - it was great!

1 comment:

  1. Yum. That looks divine! I love the PW recipes, though I haven't tried them yet.

    Congrats on the new bike!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails