Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 7 - A Free Meal!

The other day I received a coupon for 2 free meals this week from the establishment in which I am employed.  How cool is that! I was allowed to spend up to $6.60 at the Lunch Room Cafe.

At first I wanted to get a salad, but the only proteins they had in the salad bar are these:

Anyhow, I guess you would call these items "meat", but there is just something about ultra-processed "meat" products that makes me queasy.

So I decided to go for today's special instead which was Veggie Tacos with Black Beans:

I asked for all the toppings, but was not quite expecting to get THAT MUCH CHEESE... oh, I also the pop was included in the meal, as well as the Grandma's cookies.  Try as I might I could not eat all of this, so I took one taco, and one cookie for a future meal. 

For Dinner I had Pizza leftovers from yesterday,  and Hubby had some too.  I also munched on the strawberries.   

2 comments:

  1. That really is a lot of cheese.

    I'm trying to add more beans to my diet - but I can't stand them (textural issues, rather than taste).

    I do have a chili recipe that has beans and I've been making that a lot with black beans and lentils. My next item to try is going to be a bean soup.

    Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cathy,

    Thanks for all the great comments. Good luck with the new recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails