Saturday, March 17, 2012

Get Lucky 7K

This won't quite be the play by play, but I'll try to capture the high points. 

The swag
STATS: this was my first team ortho race, second race with a medal. 


I saw my running friend Sara right away, and we hung out before we got into the starting lineup.   There weren't literal corrals, but they had marked off various expected times.  I stood right at the 11 min/mile pace area, because that is what I was hoping for.  

There weren't any mile markers for this race, but they marked the K's.  I had to quick do the math to figure out what my K pace would be.  For simplicity, I estimated about 7min Ks - knowing I would need to be a little faster to meet my goal time. 
So green!
I kept pace with 7 min Ks (6:56), but didn't shave enough to be under 48 mins.  My official end time was 48:36 - which I think it's fair to say is a really solid finish for me.  It's an 11:11 minute pace.  I think I probably over shot with wanting to finish under 48, but still makes me a little disappointing having said I would and then not (quite) doing it.    

On the (non-health-related) up swing, I drank my first green beer.    

It tasted like beer, so sort-of-okay-I-guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails