Thursday, March 22, 2012

The debate is over.

I've been doing a bit of will I / won't I dance in my head about what races I will do this year.

I decided I won't do the Olympic Tri - I had in mind.  Simply stated the equipment needs are more that I can justify financially, and I really just want to get my feet wet with the Tri thing first.  So a sprint it is!

I thought about doing the Women's Rock Half Marathon, because it looks like FUN! and there jewelry and hot men involved - but I've got too many commitments at that time of year for a teacher (Sept 1st race date).

I've been telling people that I won't be doing the Twin Cities Marathon again and that I'm taking the year off... but guess what -- I will!

Either I'm an idiot or awesome.

Currently my vote is both.

Back Story:

Earlier in the week I saw this tweet:

... and then I had an awesome run!   I did make a point to talk to my workplace running buddy before I exhaust the cash to do this thing in which we had a mini pro/con chat, but mostly: she was all for it!

Further Back Story:

I really did mean to take this year off initially...  but the more I thought about I realized I didn't want to put it off, as I wanted to do another at some point.  Truth is:  I learned a lot along the way of training for my first marathon, which is to say - mistakes were made!  Everything turned out okay, but I keep thinking about what if's?  What if no injury? What if I did hill training?  What if this?  What if that?  I know the what if questions aren't always the best - but I just want to know - so here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails