Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekend Highlights

Friday night I celebrated the end of the Lego League season with my teams.  Yes, there were two.  Lego League is an organization that teaches kids to program and build robots using the Lego Mindstorms platform.  I've been coaching Lego League for the last three years and it's been a pretty rewarding experience.  

Here's the team competing
After that, I had a nice date with the boyfriend, and we went to see The Muppets movie.  It was terrific.  Really great feel good flick with just enough social commentary to not feel flimsy.

Saturday morning I got together with some friends and we shared brunch - I brought Mimosas, there was a great egg bake, monkey bread, and fruit.  It was also really good conversation and fun.  

This (sunday) morning, I met up with some friends to run.  As I was leaving for the run, I had a headache and wasn't really "feeling" it, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone if I didn't have people weren't waiting for me (so... good thing they were).  I was worried about being cold, but it was super nice (20 degrees is super nice in MN) out and I totally didn't need to dress as warm as I did.  So far - winter running hasn't been too heinous, and I've been a bit confused as to why I was such a wimp last year.  

Also, I've been keeping up with #RWRunStreak for the most part.  I consciously missed one day due to concerns about shin pain and a difficult schedule.  So, even if I haven't been doing it "100% perfect"  I found it to be a really good challenge and a way to give me something to do without a "race" to train for. I even put in a total of 14 miles this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails