Saturday, November 26, 2011

Run Life Updates

Post-Marathon Lapse

After running in the marathon I STRUGGLED to do any sort of intentional physical activity.  I made it to the gym literally two times for teeny tiny runs, before getting sick.  Then I felt too sick even function on a general level.  It ended up being 29 days of a no-running streak.   Muh.

Winter Running?

I've been skeptical of the winter running bit for sometime now.  FYI - it doesn't get brisk in mn IT GETS COLD.  Slipping and falling on ice while you are a mile and a half from home sounds really un fun.  However, I met Sara, who is also a blogger in mn and we are going to commit to running outside together once-every-two-weeks.  Which sounds like enough to me.

Thanksgiving 5K

I got "happily" conned into running into the Charities Challenge Thanksgiving Day 5K, with some other people.  I've run these races before and they are really fun and casual.  They don't chip time, so the pressure to PR was off (not that I would've anyway).  Officially I crossed the finish line at almost exactly 38 mins.  Unofficially, I probably was a bit faster as I didn't cross the start at the gun.  I also spent a while talking to walker who had gotten a hip-replacement recently - it was a good story.  Totally worth whatever I lost in time.

#RWRunStreak

Ann at Twelve - in Twelve is encouraging people to join the Runner's World Run Streak.  You run at least 1 mile/day.  I don't usually run "just a mile" and I don't usually run everyday... so I think it should be interesting.  Very Interesting. (ok - jk)






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails