Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

As per American tradition I'll be spending today enjoying a good meal, connecting with friends, and hopefully playing a some games.   I might skim the store fliers, but I don't have any big plans to go out shopping tomorrow.  Tony and I plan to attend a local church who is doing an "anti-consumerism" service that peaked our interest.  Hopefully that proves to be a welcome change of pace from the usual hustle of Black Friday shopping.

I meant to post one thing I'm thankful for each day this month, but that sort of got away from me.  Indeed, I have much to be thankful for, but my "leisurely schedule" is not one of them.  

At any rate, here's 30 "things" I'm thankful for, some more tangible than others, for the month of November.

1.  Tony,
2.  and my happy relationship with him
3.  My family's love
4.  and support
5.  My immediate family's health
6.  and well-being
7, 8, and 9.  My cats: Kenya, Sugar and Spice
10.  That I have a good job in this tough economy
11.  That I have a secure place to live
12.  That I can run,
13.  and run far
14.  That I earn enough money to pay my bills
15.  and even a little extra.
16.  That I live in country where people value treating women equally
17.  That I'm healthy
18.  That I have the opportunity to go back to school
19.  and not on my dime.
20.  That I'm capable of handling the coursework.
21. That I already have a degree.
22.  That I have access to clean water,
23.  and plenty of food
24.  That my life has not been disrupted by a natural disaster.
25.  That my Dad can help me with various car issues.
26.  For the internet
27.  For blogs and blog friends
28.  For coffee
29.  For gummy vitamins
30.  and for the many things I've yet to mention

As I was writing this list, I realized that I'm fortunate to even be able to write this list at all.  My heart goes out to those who have dealt with hurricane Sandy, are suffering from terminal illness or won't be able to enjoy a hearty meal.  Their lists might not be so easy to write.  For those in difficult situations this season, I wish them solace wherever they may find it, and to all - I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails