Tuesday, October 2, 2012

5 days to go

Here's what's racing through my mind (pun intended):

- I recently ran a spontaneous 5k called The Big Gay RACE - total blast of a time.  You can read Liz's recap here

-Weather predictions for 8/7 (marathon day) are cold and cloudy.  mmm hmm.  That's what we runners like.  

-Don't have any idea what I'm going to wear.  I've had a habit of dressing 'too warm for running' in cold weather... so I am trying to avoid that but still prevent hypothermia while waiting in the corrals.  I also want to look cute. Nothing wrong with that.  If some knows a master plan here - I'd love to hear it.    

-Missed my morning run today, and I'm debating as to whether or not I'll actually make it up this afternoon.  Between my monthly visit from Aunt Flo and some "very minor" shin pain I'm not going to worry about it too much.  I've had a solid season and I don't think I can get derailed that easily at this point in the game.   

- I'm excited to join up with some other awesome blogger runners - Julia, Kat and Falon are going to be out on the course too.  

-You can stalk me here.  Look up Er!n M@nthey - hopefully you can translate to normal the non-google-able version of my name.  You must sign up by 7pm 8/6.  I believe there will be a live map day of on the TCM events site... but I'm clueless as too how that will actually work.

UPDATE: Jen will also be among us this Sunday.  Go her!  

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails