Wednesday, October 17, 2012

10 great things about TC marathon 2012 (10 days later)


10.  I beat my last year's marathon by 41 minutes!  (never to be done again)  I came in a 5:01:21.  Here's the stats:


9.  I'm still among the thankful that there are port-a-potties along the course.

8.  I got one good photo from this event



7.  There was music blasting and crowds cheering the whole way through, including these awesome dancing robots



6.  Long distance fans, who cheered virtually from 900 miles away (Thanks @HealthyAlyse).

5.  I obsessed about this marathon... I won't admit how many times I might of calculated my possible finish time.  I also had all my long runs scheduled on my Google calendar since march (when I signed up).   I think it paid off.  

4.  I haven't ran once since the race (my knee has some soreness, but I will probably be back on my feet soon)

3.  This marathon made me realize I "like" marathoning.  I sort of did already, but now I officially have several marathons on my bucket list.    

2.  I've had this conversation more than once.
          Me: I ran a marathon last weekend
          Other Person:  Oh really, did you place?
          Me:  Ummmm.... no.
          Other Person:  Oh, sorry to hear that.
           *too funny*

1.  Friends

3 comments:

  1. Smiling during a marathon? Love it. I'm so so happy you had such a good time.

    Reason #2 cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I am just now seeing this. That IS a great picture of you! So happy to have met you and I hope we get to race together in the future. i.e. chicago!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails