Saturday, September 1, 2012

WOMEN ROCK - Half Marathon

This race epitomized why I sign up for races.  The energy, the swag, the friends, the Champagne!!! at the end! Not gonna lie - this race had it all!

Oh and there is one more reason I like to race... because it pushes me to go fast.

My goal was to PR, but I wasn't sure if that would happen.  My training runs have been slower than the required pace.  When I started, I was cruising and I thought for sure I was going to BONK and be hurting by the end... but I basically maintained (a little slowing down) and came through the finish chute strong!

Time: 2:21:22  

This is a 10:48 pace... which is a better pace than my 7K this spring, and more than twice the distance.   Also, for the first time that I can remember I passed more people than passed me.  Yippee!

Seriously, I'm really feeling way too good about myself right now, feel free to take me down a notch.  

I guess I could add I'm still in the back half for my age group, but it was just barely this time.  46th percentile for the numbers people, but that doesn't feel so bad anyway.  


Picture credit to Kelly

The WOMEN ROCK race was an excellent experience and the race organizers and volunteers were really awesome. ... and the swag was excellent!!

Picture credit to Nora.


2 comments:

  1. WAHOO GREAT JOB! YAY TC we're coming for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to do splendid come marathon time!

    How'd that champagne taste at the end? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails