Wednesday, April 11, 2012

State of the Blog Address

I started this blog 2 years ago today.

So this is my blogger anniversary!

To be accurate - I actually blogged in a few different place before this blog came to be, but never with as much consistency or direction.  It should probably tell you something that I actually think this blog is consistent and directed.

I had this wacky idea that I could feed myself and then husband for less than $5/day, and I almost did (averaged a little less than $6) - check out the archives if you would like to follow that how that journey went.  (or don't - as they sort of haunt me)

My life has spun into many new and interesting directions since then and I like to think that this "place" has been a part of that.  Though I'm not sure how it looks on the outside.

At the beginning, I was primarily interested in talking about frugal topics when I started this because I thought it would be marketable.  Obviously, I have transitioned to other areas too (running, health, recipes, frugal thoughts, fun and cats!).  Basically, my blog has  become about my interests (or me), but I try to stay somewhat topical and not too "life-blog"-esque (whatever that means).

What I hope to have more of in the future is:

Running:
I really think I have "found my zen" with this "hobby" and hope to make it a more prominent part of the blog (if it hasn't already become).  It deviates from my original topic the most but it's on my mind a lot.  More reviews on running stuff.  I've made a few purchases lately (mostly good) and I think I should take the time to talk about that.  Don't worry - it won't become the only topic! and I'll try not to bore everyone too much come marathon season

Recipes:  
Love trying new cooking techniques and food, and that will always be apart of what I do on here.  It's sort of supposed to be the core element.

Thoughts:
At the risk of sounding arrogant - I have a lot going on in my mind, hence I run! but I often write too.  Sometimes my longer, introspective blog posts though don't make the cut and wind up indefinitely in "draft purgatory" because I'm too afraid or the post themselves are too unrefined.  I'd like to see a few more of the discussion provoking pieces on here, but (don't worry) I don't want my blog to look like "insert rant here" either.  

 
What I hope to have less of:

hmm... dead time?

____________________________________

What do you think?  Anything you would like to see or not see?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails