Thursday, April 26, 2012

Race outfit and weather complications

Here in MN deciding on a race outfit has the complication of weather.  The weather here is not only somewhat brutal, but rather unpredictable.  I've been watching the weather reports and hoping for good results.   I really want to wear my shorts and tank top that my parents got me for Easter.

However, I am thinking I will have to forego that.  

Looks like pants, jacket and probably a rain coat.
Well, here's the cute outfit - I could have worn.
maybe another day... or who knows - the weather always changes here
It's totally cute though. -right?  

My "original" goal was to finish under 2:30, but right now I think that might be a tad out of reach.  Won't say I won't though.  My secondary goal is to finish better than 2:38 which is the time I passed the half-marathon mark while running the marathon last fall.  

Also, wanted to take a moment to shout-out to all the folks who are running in the Get-in-Gear races (some Half Marathon some in the 10K) with me.

Sara (@EdwardsSaraJ) - my running partner who kept me motivated to move this winter even when it was cold out.

Annie (@AnnieO5) and Angie (@angieinmsp) - who joined me for a great 5 mile run!

Ann (@Minnesota_Ann) - who's posted some great blogs that have really educated me on running!

Maria (@maria_mareeahh) - who I just met!

Kat (@kljwm) - in which we unwittingly shared our first marathon (and got to know each other later).

... and probably some people who I've missed (not intentionally to be clear)

To close: There's been some talk on the Internets about who's a runner / who isn't and this such.  I think it's a bit of an unfortunate conversation to begin with, since really  - who decides these things.  I could go on, but recently I found this quote which sums up my thoughts nicely.

If you run, you are a runner.
It doesn’t matter how fast or how far.
It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or
If you’ve been running for twenty years.
There is no test to pass, no license to earn,
No membership card to get.  You just run.
~  John “The Penguin” Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails