Monday, February 13, 2012

V-day 5K

This Saturday Tony and I participated in the Valentine's Day 5K put on by Twin Cities in Motion.  It was Tony's first 5K and what an thrilling and chilling day it was.

Waiting in the car to stay warm before the race starts

It was a frigid 1 degree when we woke up the morning of the race.  COLD.  It did warm up to a balmy 3 degrees before we ran.

Tony's look here expresses how I was feeling

I have to say it was one of those races where I thought twice about going, but I didn't want Tony to catch wind of it so I tried to project lots of outward enthusiasm.  

Ready to run
 There is a tradition at this race of wearing sign that display your relationship status.  I made my own unaware that they have them there, but kept them because ours are pretty cute and fun.

Add caption
Truth is we walked more in this race than I normally do, but that's okay - it's still good to get out there.  Our time was still relatively solid: about 46:30, and we weren't last (for some reason Tony was worried).  We also did another thing I don't normally do in races which is skip - between the "taken" signs and skipping I think we made a pretty goofy looking pair.   

Run Friends: Sara and Ann

At the end of the race, I caught up with a couple of running buddies - it's a little cliche but I think it's true what they say Women (and men I suppose) from Minnesota are tough - who else would run in 3 degrees?

Have you ever ran in the "extreme" cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails