Thursday, February 16, 2012

Potato Bread

I cook more than I bake because cooking is generally healthier, more required in my life and smaller in batch size (or it's hard to bake for two people).  However, we have a group of friends that come over every other week for a gaming event.  They play Pathfinder with Tony (for those of you who might be interested).  I sometimes play too, but due to time constraints and personal interest it's pretty rare.  But having a group of 6-8 hungry people at my house seems like the perfect opportunity to bake.  It should be noted here too that a couple of the guests are vegan, so I try to accommodate them.

I'm pretty much in love with bread, which is wrong is so many ways, and had the hankering to make scratch Potato bread.  I used this recipe, which was the only one I could find that actually used potato instead of potato flakes.

Vegan Butter - looks a lot like regular butter
I'm not really sure how vegan butter exists but it does.  I also learned that Vegetable Shortening would have also been an okay substitute for butter.



The batch was two big for one pan, but as you can see a little small for two.  



The bread was a little lumpy and had a thick texture.. but good none the less.  I think I'm still learning how to use yeast properly, which may account for the texture. 


And of course -it's delicious with Jam.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails