Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Beyond Chocolate

It's true... I've been known to be a bit of a hater when it comes to impressive displays of flowers and chocolate.    I don't ever want to feel bought, or like I need to be bought.  What makes people exciting to me is the ideas we can share and express - no expensive and showy display can ever really correct for a lack intellectual connection in my book.  It's just how I am, and I can't really "fix" it.  (Nor I have I thought it needed fixing)


However, this disposition, has some unintended affects.   One of which being, I can be unappreciative of romantic gestures.  (Even though I like romance, I'm just not about to fall for something I've deemed "silly" or canned).  A wild display of chocolate and flowers by a hopeful soul last year was not met with my interest (and the longer version of this makes for a very good tale indeed).  


So I tell you all this, so you know that when I say "I was swept away by my Valentine" this year... it really means something.  


Tony took me to a phenomenal restaurant downtown called Oceanaire, which is special for at least two reasons  1)because Tony really dislikes driving downtown Minneapolis (and he did) and 2) it specializes in seafood, which is my favorite.  


And now, let me allow the photos to do the talking.  

Jumbo Shrimp Crab Cake

Capresse Salad

Scallops and Lamb (Love!)

Mashed Potato Heaven

Asparagus with Hollandaise (that was beyond all reason good)

Crab

Banana Cream Pie 

Feeling Special
 To top off the evening Tony took me to a live comedy show - and we laughed until we thought we wouldn't be able to breathe anymore.  I used to see stand-up comics more often, and have been wishing to do that again; I guess someone was listening ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever had a date night worth raving about?


If you have been, do you like live stand-up comedy? If not, do you think you would?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails