Sunday, January 22, 2012

Good Day

Good Coffee
I knew when I signed up for the One Breath, One Step event I was it was going to be well worth the money spent (Especially since I got a great deal!).  It was a full morning filled with powerful speakers and they really got me to think.

They also got me to cry, to laugh, and reflect.  
Good Agenda
I was thinking a lot about strength.  I was reminded that I've been strong through a lot.  Needless to say, going through a divorce and changing careers over a short period of time can be really rough.  I was thankful that a lot that was behind and that I have had so many chances to grow.  Running and becoming more active have been a big part of that.

Someone there (a guest) said that for period of their life they were just surviving.  Now they are reviving and in the future they hope to thrive.  I can see that cycle in my own life, and I honestly see myself thriving in the future.  I think in all these cycles it takes strength.  Strength to survive, strength to revive and even strength to thrive.

Good Speakers
As I go through this process, I feel that I'm rising up out of a dark place.  I feel good about my direction, and that I'm beginning to get my life.  One speaker, Phil had this to say "when you are rising up, don't forget to reach down" meaning that we aren't just here in this life for our own self-absorption.  Once we find our strength, we need to pass the good stuff around.  

Good Friends
I'm not quite sure what it will mean in my life to "reach out"... but I have some ideas.  Some ideas are grand and complex and need to be processed and mulled over.  However, some ideas are simpler, perhaps reaching out  means making sure to ask a friend how they are doing, or sharing a good meal, or inviting old and new friends over to enjoy company and conversation or even just giving off some positive energy (a smile or a friendly hello!).

Good-ies

2 comments:

  1. I was left speechless by Phil's talk -- it was absolutely what I needed to hear.

    Loved seeing you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome day! I keep hearing rave reviews about this and the speakers :) I hope I get to come up from NC and go to the one in October!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails