Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 Race Plans

Last year I made some resolutions on this blog, but this year I decided I'm not into that as much and will stick to my 27 for 27 goals/plans.  I did update my original Seven for 2011 post with my progress though for those who are interested.

However, I plan to continue running and now I plan to incorporate triathlon training as well.  So here's my presumed race schedule.  Not quite sure how having three races in August will go, but I'm currently optimistic.

____________________________




February

Valentines Day 5K
-This will be the BF's first 5K.  Yay - Go Him! and isn't it cute to celebrate fitness on V-day?

March 

Get Lucky 7K
- Nice shortish race.  I'll get cool stuff and will work well with my training for the Get in Gear Half Marathon

April

Get in Gear Half Marathon
- This year I will not forfeit due to injury like last year.  Or at least I hope!

May

Twin Cities 1 Mile
-Only "1 mile" race that I know of, and I've been meaning to try it.

June

Heartbeat 5000
- Chance to run a less than 30 min 5K.  It's a great course, a cheap run and chip timed!

August 

Women's Tri
- My first Tri

Ragnar Relay
- 200 miles between 12 people - sounds like fun to me!

Maple Grove Triathalon
- My first Olympic Tri


Others
- This year I would like to log 1000 miles total (running, swimming and biking) on DailyMile - there is a widget is on my blog here so you can follow along - or friend me on DailyMile!
- Perhaps a longer race in the fall?


1 comment:

  1. Yaaayyyy, we are doing a lot of the same races!!! Hooray for 2012 race buddies!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails