Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'll start today

Lately, my blog has been a tad dormant, and I have been thinking about how much fun my blog was when I was eating for less $5/day. How I like having something to talk about everyday in regards to food and frugality.

Well... I guess that means I need a new challenge.  I concieved of something which is... well... not that challenging, but it fits with my life as of right now.

Recently, I've had some big changes happen.  It's hard to know how to say this without taking a half an hour or a lot of text, but for now I am just going to say it - my husband and I have seperated.  The statement that begs a thousand questions: why? how come? when did this happen?  Of course these questions are best answered over coffee or a glass wine, and I've decided that for now that's the only way I'll answer them.  So sorry blog friends, but I need time to gather my thoughts, before I spew them out here. 

The point I am making is my food is my own now, and so is my money.  This is a relief.  It is coupled with a new found feeling of responsibility, but also control.  I think it''s okay to want control sometimes. 

So in attempts to control/challenge myself - I am going to monitor my food budget.  I am going to limit my "food and booze" spending to less than $10/day.  It's not astromically low - but it's a limit.  A limit I can work with.  It allows me to bank money on the days I eat in, so I can still go out "when I want to".  Or at least that's the idea. 

Like the the last challenge, I will have the advantage of a well stocked kitchen going into this.  Unlike the last challenge, I hope to continue this indefinetly (though probably not forever).

TO START:
I credited myself $10 today, and spent $3.03 on a breakfast burrito, followed by $3.30 on soup and corn bread - remaining balance today: $3.67

6 comments:

  1. The personal stuff sucks, and I hope it all works out in a way that's healthy for you.

    And that sounds like a good, sustainable challenge. Just tight enough to keep you from going crazy, and loose enough that you don't feel deprived all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your personal challenges. :/ Nice to see you blogging again, though. Keep strong and clear.

    I agree, $10/day is not a bad budget at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I've missed reading your posts....and think this is definitely a "do-able" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys - thanks for the encouragement. I think the only problem with the challenge is that maybe it's too "do-able" - but I figured I'd try it and evaluate later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, dear. I'm so sorry to hear about the personal stuff. Hugs from Taffy, Purrcy and myself.

    I like your new challenge and look forward to reading about it as it develops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally just read this, I'm so sorry Ruby, but I think you have great things ahead of you. Plus, it sounds you have some great fitness goals you want to accomplish as well. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails