Saturday, August 11, 2012

I'm gonna tri: Race Predictions

So I'm calling these race predictions as opposed to goals... because my goal is to finish.   That being said, I might be a little down if I end up wildly outside of these times.  Also, I'm writing this with a bit of a schedule crunch looming, so I apologize in advance if it is haphazzard.  

Swim (500yd):  10-12 minutes
I've been going a little towards the slow end of this in the pool, but I know with the run in and run out of the water I can shave some time, just not sure how much.

T1: 2-4 minutes
Haven't totally figured out how to get into bike clothes, shoes and on a bike very quickly.

Bike (15.5): 60-70 minutes
I have a huge window here because ... I really don't know.  I was uber fast in my practice tri, but normally I've been a little slower.  However, I usually have to break or stop when I'm out on the roads, which I assume I'll have to do less of during the tri.  Also, true truth I have yet to bike a full 15.5 miles on the road bike, but I've done a few 15s... and 27 in one day(but not one ride) on the hybrid this spring.

T2:  1-2 minutes
I did this in 30 seconds for the practice tri... as much less needs to happen during the second transition.  I basically just hung up my bike and kept on moving.  That being said there will be a little more going on with the race tri in terms of where I can enter in and so forth... so I gave myself some extra time.

Run (5K or 3.1 miles): 33-37
I've done a few post-bike runs... all of them ha-urt, and my legs feel like lead.  Surprisingly though, it hasn't made horribly slow, just slower.  Anyway, no record breaking 5Ks for this race, but if I'm this range it will feel respectable.
_____________________________________    

Total: anywhere between 1:46 and 2:05 would feel about right.  At some-point I might of said out-loud that I wanted to be under 2 hours, so I'm in fairly decent shape to do that too... just not sure.  Wish me luck!

_____________________________________

Tri-packing
...  since every blog needs a picture.

5 comments:

  1. I wish you a great race- and that you have a great time, even exceeding your goal of 2 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm doing my first tri in about two weeks, it's a little scary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the recap! Glad to have finally found your blog. New reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time!!! You have worked very hard for this and I am totally impressed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails