Thursday, October 20, 2011

Operation "How do I look?"

My blog, Foodalyst, is about many things really, but I like to think that one of those things is frugality.  While the advice varies, an oft cited method for saving money is disconnecting yourself from any concern about "keeping up with the Jones."  This applies to many aspects of life, but a natural inclusion is the cost of maintaining a closet of fashionable articles of clothing. 

Frugality or not - Keeping up with fashion trends and putting together an outfit, have never been items on my list of strengths.  People generally describe me with words like low maintainence, T-shirt and Jeans kind of girl, or has a natural look...true as this may be, I think I still manage to have "pretty good" style, even if I'm a little hazy on what that might mean.  When it comes to dressing myself I tend to wear comfortable favorites. And sometimes a little make-up and a little jewelry.  I repeat outfits frequently and have a tendency to stick to "what works", as opposed to try new things.  

In other news I have a closet chuck full of clothes, most of which I never wear. I really need to trim down because it's getting to the point of flat out unmanageable. 

So here's my "plan" in order to maximize my fashion sense and minimize my closet consumption- For the next 30 days, I'm going to post myself wearing a different outfit everyday and subject it to the harsh criticism of the internet.  And let me assure you I easily have 30 different outfits in my closet.  If I get a lot of nays the outfit goes, if yays the outfit stays,  if it's a bit of tie - then I make the final call.    

For those of you who might be concerned, No!, I don't give a bleep about keeping up with fleeting fashion trends I'll never understand anyway, but I do want to look my best (and I wouldn't mind freeing up some closet space). 

The mechanics - I'll post these to twitter with the simple phrase "How do I look?", and if you like it: reply, if you don't like it reply.  If you are not on twitter and you want to "vote" they will also be at my other largely stupid, largely dormant blog.

So thoughts?


Is this project inherently narcissistic?


Probably, but isn't that just the nature of a blog?  I'll assure you I am less vain in real life. (I think)


What if the world ends tomorrow?

Whelp, we will all have bigger things to worry about then. 

1 comment:

  1. Jeans and t-shirts here, too. In my opinion that is something that will never go out of style.

    We are absolutely all narcissists. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails