Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs


 It's a bit of a running joke in my family, and perhaps extending to my friends that I can be counted on to bring the deviled eggs.  I like them because they are fun, suitable to a lot of occasions and cheap to make.  I estimate a batch of a dozen deviled eggs doesn't quite exceed $2.00 in ingredient costs.  Although each batch is it's own, I usually make some version of the classic recipe.  Mayo, mustard, salt, pepper and paprika.  Sometimes adding a unique flavor to mix it up. 

I decided to mix it up a bit and try something completely different.  Given that we actually had bacon in the house, and given that apparently "everyone loves bacon" I used that as my inspiration. 

Bacon Ranch Deviled Eggs
Ingredients:
6 eggs - hard boiled
1/4 - 1/2 cup ranch dressing (enough to make a smooth consistency)
2 to 3 tsp - Frank's hot sauce
1 strip bacon

After peeling, slice hard-boiled eggs in half and separate yolk from white.  Try your best to keep egg white in tact.  Add ranch dressing and hot sauce to yolk material and mix together.  I usually use a hand mixer with the whisk attachment to make sure it gets extra creamy.  I've experimented with food processors and blenders and it's too much extra effort for no real added value.  To put the mixture back inside the eggs, you can use a cake decorator bag or a simple Ziploc with a slit cut out at the bottom.  I use the Pamper Chef Food Press which works great, but isn't a necessary purchase.  Garnish with bacon.

I brought this tray to a party I recently attended and they were a big hit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails