Tuesday, November 9, 2010

An update post

I realized that it has been over a month since the last time I posted, and since I am somewhat lacking in really thoughtful interesting things to say - I thought I could just do a quick update post on well - my life.  Between my two jobs I have been working close to 50 hours a week.  It's not so bad, and it seems like I get ample time to enjoy life as well, but certain things do slip through the cracks.  Namely, this blog.  Partially this is because I am tad perfectionistic about what I post, but also "lazy butt-ness" factors in.  Also - a rant - I have been having issues with my computer which directly affect how easy it is for me to get pictures up on here.  I don't like to do "wall o text" blogs, so I also choose to blame: computer issues for the time being.  Anyway, I haven't forgotten about my little ol' blog and I hope to come back (with vengeance) to this part of my life when my life slows down a titch.

So - some updates.


10 Dollar Day 
Yes, I am still doing this.  Yes, it does involve way more fast food than I would "prefer", but umm... I really don't mind.  You can stalk my spending here.  One thing I will say is that I may need to lower this daily allowance in the not so distant future.  Not sure what to exactly.  Not sure I will be able to make it equally as catchy... but I am sure if you've read this blog for long you know I enjoy a good challenge. Especially in the food spending department. 


Cooking
Actually, I have been cooking quite frequently (just not blogging about it).  Some interesting stuff too.  There was a Asian-esque goulash that failed to marvel, but also a stew that turned out quite nicely.  Additionally, an apple cabbage salad that probably deserves it's own post.  I also attempted to make bread in a bread machine (borrowed), which was a flop - but I am still blaming the bread machine.  After all, I can make bread without one.  


Running
I am currently "training" for a 10K called the Drumstick Dash.  Finding time to run though has been uber challenging.  I get out at least once a week, but need to be going about 3 times.  Hopefully, I can pick up the pace in time, or at least not finish last.

Personal Life
Umm... yeah. Ok - so this deserves it's own post as well, and maybe one day I'll get there.  At this point though I will say that I am moving in a good direction, but the road is a little long and rocky. 

3 comments:

  1. bravo on the updates! I too have been MIA for about 2 months... but once you get the ball rolling, blogging always seems to take on a life of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine! indeed, I hope to see that "ball roll" so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking good thoughts for you (and watching your $10 a day spreadsheet).

    Get back to us when you can, we will love to hear from you.

    Can't wait to hear about the apple cabbage salad. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails