Thursday, January 23, 2014

Three Things Thursday (1/23/14)

Well, it's been a while, but here I am!

1) I finished the Chicago marathon in one piece, but it wasn't exactly pretty.  My boyfriend surprised me by scoring a deal on airplane joining me for the weekend.  I also had a great time in Chicago meeting bloggers, catching up with old friends, and seeing the city as I ran through.  While, I wasn't thrilled with my finish time (5:11), I do now get to say I've finished 3 marathons... so that's kind of exciting.  I also learned that Chicago will now be a lottery race, so this may have been my last chance to race.

2) I added two new states to my list.  Pennsylvania and New York!  I basically went on a rag tag on the road adventure to the east of the USA, meeting many of my boyfriend's relatives along the way, and a few of my relatives as well.  What a way to spend the holidays!

3) I'm getting serious about running again after a significant lull post marathon.  I have some races penciled in on the calendar, but no marathons (serious!)... sort of considering a half marathon for the fall.  A few 10 milers, 10Ks and a 5K... also, I hope to do the YWCA triathlon again.  I may also pace a half or two, but nothing is official yet.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you should come for the Boulder Boulder. It is a big race here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm a bit late, but congratulations on your marathon finish! Can't wait to see what you accomplish in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally catching up! Such a good year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Informative page, I hope it will be useful for all of us. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails