Thursday, October 10, 2013

Three Things Thursday (8/10/13)

Missed last weeks 'Three Things Thursday'.. oh well.  But I'm back this week!

1.  I attended a wedding a Saturday ago that will be going down in the history books of one of the best I've yet to attend.  I know a wedding doesn't exactly mean anything about the success of that couple or the validity of the union... but this one sure felt like a reflection of the couple.  The ceremony was incredibly funny, yet sincere.  The vows were honest and loving.  The music was fun and personable.  Also, this was a second wedding for one of those getting married, and while I've been to second wedding before... It think they really strike at my heart. 

I guess when I go to first wedding I see the couple involved as in love, but maybe a trite bit silly, or even foolish... I don't say this or even think it per say, but it's there in my subconscious.  Certainly, as my friends get older, I find that I we've all got a little age on our hands and I feel this less and less.  

When I got divorced, I chose to level with the fact that marriage may not be in the cards for me.  I think, in some ways I didn't want that again, but as we saw that beautiful bride walk down the aisle the realness of second chances just broke down for me.  I guess I felt hope.

On a perhaps related note, my boyfriend, who will go by the pseudonym Mack Roberts on this blog, caught the Garter (I missed the bouquet) so read whatever you might into that.  ;)
Blowing the Bride kisses!



2. Marathon is this Sunday (October 13th)

Track Me! HERE  (https://register.athletetracking.net/bacm/index.html )  My 'ungoogle-able' real name is: Er!n M@nthey

I'm kind of nervous, but I know I'm basically ready.  The thing I'm most worried about is my knees giving out, and having to a walk a lot more than I would like.  Though I realized that no matter how good or bad the Chicago Marathon goes, my decision to run has been a good one. 

Running with Mack, he's agreed to do a 5K with me!


3. My cats scratched me this morning leaving quite the mark.  Not surprisingly, at least one student in every class felt the need to comment on that... I'm pretty sure my students think I'm kind of a dork anyway, so I guess it can't be helped.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails