Monday, May 20, 2013

Thoughts down River Road

Yep, still alive and still running.  Blogging has fallen off my radar lately, and suffice it to say it hasn't totally been missed.  I don't have a plan or prediction on what I'll do next on the blog - so I'm just letting it be and seeing what comes of it.

My rather belated news is that Tony and I's relationship met it's expiration date (about 3 months back) and I think the writing was on the wall some time before that.  Unlike my ex-husband, there aren't any scathing stories to report and it sounds a little trite in my opinion, but I simply think we weren't a very good match - no matter how good of friends we made (and for what it's worth - still make).

It's fair to say, I'm more of a numbers than a words person, but I've always appreciated those who are crafty with the latter.  I don't fancy myself 'a writer', but I like poetry and have made a few stabs at it in the past.  As I was out on my bike today... the words for this came to me, and without giving too much away... the ideas here aren't concise to one person or place. Oh and perhaps at the inspiration of my Grandma Sharon - it rhymes.  


a path I've come to know is

down the river road

it's familiarity meets me strangely

which makes all the motion slowed


a life has its trials

and my feet remind me I'm able

to press on through many things

to find what is stable.


there are men on the path too

running with their tops unclothed

and of course I'm free to look

but it's not what I want showed


my demands are proving too high

though what I hope for isn't perfection

and so I'll tell you with a sigh

I guess it's called a connection

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails